- DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: 05 April 2023
- COMPANY'S LEGAL NAME: Turtle Shell Technologies Private Limited
Mudit & Gaurav founded Dozee in 2015 with the goal of simplifying healthcare and making it more accessible. Dozee was launched in India in 2019 after a series of intense R&D activities in partnership with top research institutions like NIMHANS and Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular and Research.
- FUNDING TILL DATE: $1.8 Billions
- TYPES OF FUNDING: Series A round
- VALUATION : Not disclosed
- INVESTORS: is backed by various Investor, The recent investor State Bank of India, J&A Partners Family office, and Dinesh Mody Ventures.
- COMPANY BUSINESS:
- Dozee, based in Bengaluru, Karnataka, is the only contactless health monitor in India that silently monitors the user's heart, respiration, sleep patterns, stress levels, cardiac contractions, and apnea while they sleep. Its artificial intelligence algorithms have saved lives in more than 50 cases by enabling early detection of any health deterioration.
- Doctors and caregivers can access the health information remotely via the Dozee patient monitoring system and app. Dozee's integration with a pulse oximeter called SpO2 has been crucial in keeping nurses and doctors safe from infection by providing continuous remote monitoring for Covid-19 patients.
- It was found to be 98.4% as accurate as medical-grade devices. Dozee converts micro-vibrations from the heart, breathing, and body movements into biomarkers. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Government of India, Qualcomm and many regarded associations.
- Dozee has already established a presence in over 380 hospitals across 50 districts. It recently collaborated with British International Investment, a development finance institution and impact investor based in the United Kingdom, to connect around 6,000 hospital beds in around 140 public hospitals across India and other regions with its technology.
- COMMENTS ON LATEST FUNDING:
- COMPANY'S VIEW:
Mudit Dandwate, CEO & Co-founder of Dozee said “ The current Series A2 fundraise is a part of the company’s plan to further its reach to every nook and corner of the country and We plan to tap over 2,000 hospitals in more than 100 districts in the next two years to improve the quality of critical care facilities in India,
- PURPOSE OF FUNDING:
The funding will be used to invest in its R&D capabilities, investigate global opportunities, and expand into the Indian market. The Contactless Vital Signs Measurement system, Dozee's flagship product, recently received FDA 510(k) approval, meeting international standards for medical devices and algorithms.