DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: 29 March 2023
COMPANY'S LEGAL :Upgrad Education Private Limited
upGrad was founded in 2015 by Ronnie Screwvala, Mayank Kumar, and Phalgun Kompalli with a view to impact the lives of working professionals by helping them upskill while they work
FUNDING TILL DATE: $555 Mn USD
TYPES OF FUNDING:Series C
VALUATION : Not disclosed
The Upgrade has 10 investors and it’s recent investors includes Temasek and Ronnie Screwvala.
- COMPANY BUSINESS:
- upGrad offers education programs in Data Science, Software and Technology, Management, Law, and other categories where upskilling is both critical and rewarding
- Each of these programs that upGrad offers is in collaboration with one of the world’s top universities such as IIT Madras, Duke CE, Deakin University, Liverpool John Moores University, etc.
- For example, you can signup with upGrad for an MBA from Golden Gate University or Deakin Business School, or a globally recognised Master's in Data Science from Liverpool John Moores University.
- The high standards set by upGrad and their partner universities reflect in the results. upGrad Results reviewed by Deloitte show that 5 out of 6 learners get positive career growth. upGrad students get an average of 52% salary hike after completing their MBA programs.
- This edtech giant was on an acquisition spree, picking up Work Better, Exampur, International School of Engineering (INSOFE), and Harappa Education, among others, during the year.
- The company operates out of 31 offices across India, the United States, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Vietnam and West Asia, runs on skilling, short-certification courses, bootcamps and job-linked programmes, as well as study-abroad businesses across its acquired and main subsidiaries.
- With over 300 direct global university partners, over 20,000 recruitment partners, and a clientele of 3,000 corporate partners, upGrad claims to have provided learning to over 7 million candidates in more than 100 countries.
- COMMENTS ON LATEST FUNDING:
A Official from upGrad said on recent funding , “Yes, we confirm the internal round. The company is focused on its organic and in-organic growth across multiple verticals of formal education via degree, diploma and doctorate courses in partnership with the best universities in India and globally.”
PURPOSE OF FUNDING :The latest funding will be used to to expand into new categories and plans to launch new courses
Its competitors include Udemy Business, LinkedIn Learning, Udacity and Pluralsight Skills
Economics times, crunchbase, Inc