DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: 4 April 2023
COMPANY'S LEGAL NAME :HENI INNOVATION PRIVATE LIMITED.
Parini and Sohil Kapadia founded zero cow factory in 2021, this biotech company uses bioengineering microbes and precision fermentation to produce sustainable animal-free milk proteins and dairy products.
TYPES OF FUNDING:Seed Round
VALUATION : Not disclosed
Zero Cow factory has several investors including Green Frontier Capital, GVFL and pi Ventures,
- Zero Cow Factory is producing India's first animal-free proteins & dairy products using bioengineering the microbes & precision fermentation.
- Zero Cow Factory is a dairy industry which produces first milk & organic milk products.
- It also claims to be the world's first A2 milk protein. The company is on a mission to feed 10 billion people sustainably by the year 2050. Its product is claimed to contain 0% lactose, 0% cholesterol, 0% antibiotics, 0% saturated fats, and 0% growth hormones. The company also uses 98% less water consumption level and 65% less energy consumption.
- Zero Cow Factory’s aim is to be the first company to get global regulatory approval for its A2 beta-casein product, which can be used to formulate various foods such as cheese, yogurt and supplement powder.
- COMMENTS ON LATEST FUNDING:
Parini Kapadia, co-founder and CSO of Zero Cow Factory said “We are developing a technology to reproduce milk proteins to craft real dairy products that are ethical, safe, delicious, and identical to cow milk but without any animal involved”.
The company has developed a patented technology to produce dairy proteins, such as whey and casein, and states that “it is highly focused on animal-free casein production which is the most complex protein and hasn’t been commercialised by any company globally”
PURPOSE OF FUNDING:
The latest funding will be used to obtain regulatory approvals to launch in the market, accelerate research and development, and increase production, among other things.